06 Aug Returning Home: A Trauma Healing Retreat for Military Veterans
Returning Home: A Trauma Healing Retreat for Military Veterans
October 10th – 15th, 2019
Fair Haven Camps in Brooks, Maine
Returning Home is the first Somatic Experiencing® (SE™) trauma healing retreat for veterans presented by Dr. Peter A. Levine’s Community Health SE™ program. It will take place at Fair Haven Camps in Brooks, Maine.
- is a six-day Somatic Experiencing® trauma healing retreat for 30 veterans displaying PTSD symptoms.
- is free to all participants, including travel, lodging, food, and program services.
- integrates SE with Equine therapy and other wellness practices that unify the body, heart, and mind.
- will help veterans develop skills to decrease trauma symptoms while managing physical discomfort.
- has a research component to ensure the effectiveness of future SE™ intensive trauma healing retreats for veterans.
- includes a post-retreat eight week online SE™ support group.
Returning Home is important because…
- the number of suicides among military veterans is 20 per day – nearly one suicide every hour.
- there are now more casualties attributable to suicide than to combat among the military’s active-duty population.
- many of those who take their lives have been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Dr. Levine believes that this SE retreat will set the gold standard for trauma treatment that will increase the quality of life for veterans.
Support Returning Home on gofundme
goal of $30,000 by September 15th
You can support this program by Donating & Fundraising
- All new gifts up to a total of $20,000 will be matched by a generous donor.
- All donations large or small make a difference.
- To donate by check or PayPal click here for more info.
- To help with fundraising in your community, please contact Returning Home to get started.
- I invite you to share this program and their fundraising goals on your Social Media accounts.
If you know a Veteran in need of treatment, who has not received SE in the past, please contact:
Dr. Alexandra Whitney