21 Jan Solar Plexus Bowl
Solar Plexus Bowl
Damaris Jarboux (founder and owner of Body Energy Center) taught all of her students this practice.
I find it very useful and an effective way of cultivating awareness of my energy field, especially my solar plexus area. It can be done in any position, but it is a good practice to do in bed before getting up in the morning or going to sleep at night. It takes about 10 minutes.
- Resting your mind in center, become aware of your solar plexus – as if you were witnessing it from center.
- As you exhale, imagine sending your breath there.
- Feel the area and notice the quality, sensation or image that is present.
- Lightly place your hands on your solar plexus with your fingertips in a straight line from your navel to the xyphoid (at the bottom of your breast bone), right hand on top. Your thumbs are not used except as a vent. Your fingertips are just lightly touching your body (wearing clothes is fine).
- Imagine a bowl inside your solar plexus area facing up; the surface of your skin is the top of the bowl.
- Let the energy of your fingertips sink down into the area like they were sinking into the bottom of the bowl.
- Watch and feel your willingness to allow this area of your body to soften, relax and begin to open like the eye of a camera. Feel your willingness to let go of the habit of over-protecting and unnecessary guarding and shielding. You are filtering your own light out by doing that. Pushing your fingers hard won’t help, it will only close tighter.
- You will start to feel a physical response as your body begins to let go and your unconscious stress response will release and sink slowly into relaxation response.
- Walk your hands around the bowl’s edge, pausing to let them sink to the bottom in each place, then return to the midline.
- Imagine an egg of light all around you like a permeable shell, this is your true filter.
- When you’re ready, take a deep breath in and as you exhale let your mind lead your breath down and out through your solar plexus. Keep doing this as you draw your hands off your body – drawing this old pattern of energy out. Be glad to let it go. Each time you exhale, fill your solar plexus with breath and light, and keep drawing your hands from your solar plexus bowl out. You can even circle your hands out clockwise.
There is nothing “bad” leaving during this practice, just an old habit of protection that has been subconsciously keeping your body in stress response and weakening your constitution to some degree, because it was filtering your own light from full descent into your physical body. Once you have developed this process, it is faster and you can do it with your mind – the mind leads the chi.
If you do this daily (for 10 minutes) or twice daily, it will entrain your energy body to respond quicker and deeper each time. This energy center will get stronger and your constitution (elements, organs, meridians) will strengthen.
Gradually, your “Solar Plexus Eye” will be more and more open until it functions at 80-100% all the time instead of 0-30% like most people. Your whole life will feel and be different! It will be an invaluable tool for life.
I am happy to guide your through this practice so come in for a session! I love Damaris’ solar plexus bowl practice! Check out Damaris Jarboux TheCenterPlace.com